Monday, January 6, 2014

A New Year: 2014

The last weekend of December 2013 was spent in Uludag.

My older sister and her family came to Istanbul first, and then headed to Uludag. Seda joined them. I had to catch up with them 2 days afterwards since I had something to do.

That weekend was by far the most fun, most spontaneous, most relaxing weekend I've had in a very long time. My brother in law met a Lebanese family who we became friends with. The three brothers are the most nicest guys I've met, all with different characters! We went on the snow mobiles (where I flew between rocks - thanks!), had tea on top of a hill somewhere, skied, drank hot wine, and stayed up till the AM by the fire place with beautiful conversations. We met a couple, Turkish husband, American wife, who live in Kuwait! What a coincidence! So, the company was too perfect :)

We celebrated the new year at home with the family and started a new 2014.

I must admit, first week of the new year, and I'm more happy than I ever though I would be. I got a phone call which will forever change my life, and built new friendships which will hopefully last forever.

My search for a job has finally ended :) There was a place that I really wanted to work with but now I'll be working somewhere better. I truly believe that there's something always better, no matter what the situation. I believe I attracted the energy and I feel like my life in Istanbul is slowly settling in. I can't wait to see what 2014 has for me. I know I will be very busy traveling to my best friends' weddings, work, and family.

Cheers to a healthy, happy, safe, and blessed 2014

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment